The New Year may be a significant event for many people. But the absurdities of the celebration cannot escape a skeptic’s mind. The other day I was reading PM’s New Year Resolve on Himalayan Times and I said to myself maybe people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits because almost everything he mentioned on his resolution was something we have been hearing for the past 9 months but little initiation took whatsoever to put a “done” tag on any of those. I guess resolutions are just another excuse to remind yourself that there are things undone that needs to be done and things that needs your earnest endeavor and yet you keep finding a way out of it.
Well..all said and done…here are some of my resolution for the year.
– forget all the grudges and forgive them all. (well..not all exactly)
– quit smoking for good. [this isn’t a new one but yes, i am trying]
– eat healthy, visit gym on regular basis, and lose some more weight. (lost 4 kgs in 3 weeks..YESSSS)
– get rid of my vices [well..some of them at least 😀 ]
– have less resolutions next year.
Lets see how many of those I can tag “Done” by next year..!!
Finally, I wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2067 🙂
And yes…May all your troubles last only as long as your resolutions..!! 😀